




Easter was a great day for us. We truly enjoyed singing in our choir and enjoyed the beautiful talks that reminded us of the Savior's resurrection. Afterwards, we went to Jenny's and Ryan's for a nice Easter dinner. We really enjoy being with their family, and what is even better is that I only had to fix salad. Jenny cooked a nice ham with funeral potatoes, and we had a couple of nice salads and strawberry shortcake. It was really good. It was a very nice Easter day. The weather was quite nice and sunny. The above picture shows the kids. Don't you love Spencer's golfing outfit.
Last Thursday, April 16, we woke up to six inches of heavy snow. Ugh! However, I have to say that it was truly beautiful the first thing in the morning. The above pictures show just how pretty it was. The only BIG problem was how many tree limbs the snow broke all over the valley, especially pink flowering trees. Several of Grandpa Dalebout's sumac trees in the back of his yard were uprooted and broken. The daffodils were buried in the snow. The good thing about it was that the next day, it was all melted and the weather had turned back into a semi-normal spring day. Even the daffodils raised their heads again. It's up and down here in Utah. The night we got all the snow in the valley, Alta got 29 inches. Now, we have lots of snow in the mountains. We hope it gets warm gradually or we'll have flooding.
Also, last Monday, Dick taught his final class at BYU. I took in six dozen Krispy Kreme donuts to the students. Then, after I left the classroom, many of Dick's colleagues came into the room and paid him a nice tribute. Keven Stocks, the department chairman, was very complimentary and kind in his remarks about Dick. It's been a great 29 years at BYU, and we will miss alot of our association with the members of the faculty. But, now it's time to move on. Hopefully, we'll get our mission call this week. Keep your fingers crossed.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing those pictures, Mom. I especially liked the one with the daffodils laying on the snow. Great pic of Jen's kids--it makes me sad how fast everyone is growing up...what happened to those baby days? I guess we will all have to live vicariously through Matt and Stacie:)
Glad to hear things went nicely with Dad's last day at BYU...that's quite a change for him. Wish we could have been there to share that day with him.
Can't wait for the mission call!!!
We've been eagerly waiting for news on your mission call...it's hard to believe that Dick taught his last class and you're beginning a whole new adventure. Hope the call comes SOON!
Evie...these are great pics and wrap-up. I'm sure there was some emotion tied to Dick's final day of teaching. We're happy for your mission call but I have to tell you I don't think I'd necessarily be responding cheerfully! You are a trooper!
Post a Comment