Ruth has been very lonely and had some anxiety the past few weeks. She told me she had been baptized into the New Life Church, and that it made her feel better when she went to church. But, the past few weeks, she hasn't attended and has been a little down. I wanted her to see the temple and learn what goes on there, because Budd and his wife were sealed in the temple, and we did the sealing for Bob. So, I called her up and asked her if she would like to go. She said she would but that she didn't have a skirt or dress to wear. She said that she would go out and get one. The next morning, she called and said that she didn't think she would be able to go because she hadn't gotten a skirt. I told her she could come in slacks if she wanted. She agreed, but when we picked her up, she was dressed very nicely in a new skirt and was happy to be going.

It was a nice experience for all of us. Before you go into the temple, there is a short video that explains about the temple and what it's purpose is.
The temple itself was very beautiful, and I paid particular attention to the wonderful decorative painting and gold leafing that my nephew, Roy, had so skillfully done. I hope that Ruth felt a spirit there.

After our visit to the temple, we went out to eat lunch and had a nice visit together. Ruth was a great wife to Bob, and I know he loved her and she loved him. It would give me great pleasure if they could be sealed together.

Ruth told me before Bob died that the missionaries came to their house. Bob wouldn't let them come in, but he stood outside and talked to them for quite a while. During their visit, Bob told them how much he loved Ruth. After Bob died, the missionaries sent her a card expressing their sympathy and telling her how much Bob said he loved her. She was very touched by that kind act.
When you love someone, you want them to have the Gospel in their lives. Both Bob and Ruth were baptized when they were young but were never active in the church. Maybe, someday things will work out.
1 comment:
Neat! I hope it works out for them as well.
Post a Comment