Ten years ago today, August 12, 1999, we were in Leeds, England, picking up Matthew from his mission. I knew that Jenny was going to have a baby and so I tried calling her from England. When I did, the babysitter who was taking care of Spencer, informed me that Jenny was in the hospital having a baby. Finally, after a few hours, I called again and found out that Ali had been born and that she weighed 10 and a half pounds. In the birthing process, Ali's collar bone was broken and her collar bone had to be wrapped tightly with a wrap. Ryan and Jenny were in Minnesota, as Ryan was going to law school there. It was hard to be so far away and not be there to help. We're very glad that Ali was born that day. She is a joy to be around. When she walks into the room, everything lights up. She always says: "Hi Grandma," and has a big, beautiful smile when she comes to our house. I love my Ali. The other day she came over for piano lessons, and she was dressed just like me. So, here is the picture of Ali and Grandma.

Amy Brennan, Billy, Larry and Geri Wood (her other grandparents) at our house for Ali's dinner on August 9th.
Ashlynn Kimball (Amy's daughter from San Diego) came to visit for a few days and was able to enjoy dinner with us. Aren't they two cute girls.
Spencer and Ali were in a musical production called "101 Dalmations." Spencer played the part of "Underdog" and a "Policeman." Ali was one of the puppies. Here, she is dressed as a Scottie dog. Both sets of grandparents and Ashlynn, along with Jenny and Ryan, attended the production on Saturday night. It was very well done and was a lot of fun. We really enjoyed it.





7 comments:
Great post with fun pictures, Evie. I can't believe that Little Ali the Flower Girl is getting so BIG!! The years have a way of doing that, don't they? Fun to see all the pics of your family members. Billy looks great in his new glasses. Sounds like you're keeping as busy as ever. When does Dick start his treatments?
Great post, Mom. You are posting much quicker than I can these days!!!
Wish we could have been there to see the kids in their play...sounds like it was fun.
Love Billy's new glasses!
Happy Birthday Ali! Sounds like it was a fun birthday.
Lookin' sharp Billy!
That Ali is a sweet one! And, Bill, you look great.
What lovely grandkids you have! Billy looks very handsome and Dick is looking good.
chris, i'll answer for my mom...he starts treatments this week.
and wow,thanks for all the shouts out for the glasses. :)
Mom, I need to copy all of your posts! They keep my kids updated--thanks.
Post a Comment