"I am pleased with his progress and think he can resume all activities as
desired, but we will keep him on the Dilantin. He and his wife are considering
serving an LDS mission and I think that would be great. He will need to
have an MRI scan about halfway through that mission and send us back the
pictures and results, so he will need to go someplace where he has access to
an MRI. In addition, with the Dilantin issues, he probably should not go
to a far removed third world country where there is no medical care,
but if there is medical care that is reliable and fairly close to where they
would be, that would be fine."
I have been greatly impressed with Dr. Reichman. He has been very honest and upright with us. We feel very blessed that he was the surgeon on call the night we went into the hospital.
Here are Dr. Reichman and Dick in his office.
About a week ago, Reed Miller (my cousin/brother) called and asked if I had picture of my mother (Ruth) and her sister (Arvilla), because Reed, Grant and Glen are writing the history of Frances Miller and wanted a picture of her two sisters. Frances is the half sister to my mother Ruth and my Aunt Arvilla. Arvilla is Joyce's mother. I told Reed I didn't have a picture of both of them, but that I knew where one was. Joyce's brother, Roy Cassity, lives in Tooele and was given a beautiful picture of the two sisters by his brother. I've wanted that picture of the two sisters for years. Keep in mind that I haven't seen Roy since I was about 8 or 9 years old. I called him on the phone and told him who I was and asked if I could come and visit and try to make a copy of the picture. He said that would be okay. So, last Monday, Dick and I took Grandpa Dalebout on a ride out to Tooele. We had a nice visit with Roy and his wife, Tony. They live on Cassity Lane, which is named for his family. All of his children live on that lane in separate houses. Below is a picture of Roy and Tony in front of their log cabin home.


5 comments:
Yippee! We can't wait to see where this call is to.
Awesome picture, Mom!!! I'm so happy you have been meeting all these cousins. You have been very busy and look really great in the picture! Glad the papers are finally back in again...I know you two are ready to get moving. Can't wait to find out!
What great news! I can't wait to see where your new call will take you. Hopefully, somewhere we can visit :)
Neat story about the picture of your mother, too!
Very good news, Evie! We're so happy for you. Dick looks great and it's good to hear that you can get your mission back on track. Sounds like you two have been having a busy winter in Provo. Getting around doing all kinds of things. Hope you're having a very fun time in Michigan at the moment!
Great news! So pleased that all is going well and, like others, can't wait to hear where you will be serving your mission. Liverpool would be nice!!!
Post a Comment