Thursday, May 20, 2010

We Are Finished at the MTC

Today was our last day at the MTC. We have been working all week on computers and learning all the wonderful things that we do in the office, such as housing, cars (fleet), transfers, travel, newsletters, entering new member records, finances. Yes indeed, we are saturated with information. We have learned about the functions of Microsoft Word (which is really fun), Excell (a little), IMOS (Intranet Mission Office System), and several others. We've done this all in four days. Aren't we remarkable! Well, this afternoon, we had sort of a test. We could get all the help we needed from our notebooks and the computer help section. But, we weren't supposed to ask our instructors for help. That was a challenge. These older minds of ours can't assimulate information like young minds can. We had great returned missionary teachers who were very patient with us.
Because the sisters have different responsibilities in the office than the elders do, we were divided into two groups for three of those days. These were a fun group of sisters. On Sunday, the sister on the far left had a death in her family. Her granddaughter's husband died. Sister Elmer and her husband stayed the whole week and did their training. Tomorrow is the funeral, and they will be attending. They were sweet, humble people and showed a lot of courage.


Sorry this newsletter is on its side, but I just had to show my creation for the mission newsletter. We really had fun working on the newsletter, and I learned a lot.

This group of Polynesians (except for the sisters) sang at the Tuesday devotional. I walked out the door from the devotional and they were having their picture taken. I asked if I could take their picture, and they told me to come and get in the picture, so I did. Their song,"The Sound
of the Innocent," was beautiful. They sang acapella. Notice the "shaka" sign. I will miss the spirit of the MTC. There's just something so wonderful about learning the gospel and having that missionary spirit.


Isn't this a handsome boy. Zack turned eight years old on May 2nd, and he was baptized on May 15th. Ryan and Jenny got special permission to have his baptism so that we could attend. It was a very nice day, and Zack is a very nice boy. Below, Zack and Ryan pose. Notice that Zack has Dick's missionary badge on.



Zack had a lot of family and friends who attended. Lots of people love you, Zack!

Ali and her cousin McKenna (Travis Wood's daughter).



The grandparents and Zack--Dick and I and Larry and Geri Wood





We were also able to attend Milly's pre-school graduation. We finished our class at the MTC at 5:00, ate dinner and then went out to Spanish Fork for Milly's graduation.


The grandparents with Milly


Four cute kids that I love and will miss very much.


We will be leaving on Monday, May 24th and will be driving to New York and taking about eight days to drive. Please keep us in your prayers. We hope our car will make it to Detroit, where we will leave our van with Matt and Stacie and pick up a new Ford Fusion to drive to New York.
This blog will probably be put on hold for a few weeks until we can set things up in our apartment. I have a feeling we're going to be very busy. The Gospel is true. I know that. We love you all.










5 comments:

Ruth said...

Once again a lovely set of pictures. Do take care on your long drive to New York. You are in my prayers always. Ruth x

Stacie said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers, and we are so excited for you. And proud of you for all you have accomplished in the last two weeks! See you soon!!

Unknown said...

Little Matthew prays for your safety all the time. I love reading your updates here, and will anxiously await your next entry FROM NEW YORK!

Chris P. said...

Sounds like you've had a great MTC experience and are ready for the next phase! We do pray for you and your safety as you drive across the country. I know that Matt and Stacie will so benefit from having the van. Hopefully you'll arrive at your destination safe and sound and will have a great experience along the way. We will anxiously await your next update. Good luck and God's blessings!

Jen said...

We miss you already! We love you.