You all know my fetish with the word "Duckie." I just had to take a picture of this license plate. That is the epitomy of "duckie." I loved it.
Here is one of our couples who work up north. They are the Seamons. They're really fun people and we love them.
Here is another couple, the Claytons. They also work up north. Sister Clayton knows Marilyn Laursen in our home ward. Sister Clayton plays the cello in a little orchestra in Provo, along with Marilyn Laursen. They will be concluding their mission February 1st. They are a great couple and have done much for the mission--proselyting and member activation.
These two elders are not brothers, but I get them mixed up all the time. Elder Spencer is on the left and Elder Rimmasch is on the right. They are both great elders.
Sister Lythgoe looks a little pained as she is given a shot at the conference.
We made Elder Fox laugh while he was having his shot, so that he wouldn't faint. He asked me if he really had to have a shot, and I told him "Yes." Elder Fox is one of our AP's. He's a great guy, who reminds me of Billy.
This picture was taken a couple of days before Elder Dennis went home. Yes, he's is related to our own Ron Dennis. I think Elder Dennis even plans a stop in Provo on his way to Rexburg just so he can visit with Ron. Elder Dennis was a terrific missionary. Originally, he went to Brazil for nine months and then got very sick. He had to go home for about six months and get better. Then, he was reassigned to New York. We will truly miss him.
Elder Brogdon also went home. He is a fine young man, whom we have grown to love.
We had sixteen missionaries leave on November 18th. The day before they go home, they all attend the temple in Manhattan. Dick and I were able to go with them. The Schoutens had to stay in the office to make all the arrangements for the missionaries going home. Elder Dennis is missing from this picture. He stayed in the temple a little longer.
Here are Elder Simmons, Elder Brogdon, Elder Dennis (all going home) and Elder Fox.
It was a different kind of Thanksgiving this year. There were only six of us who got together: the Schoutens, President and Sister Smith, and us. So, it was very quiet, but very pleasant. We had them come to our apartment. We didn't see much of the Macy's Day Parade on television. But, we did see a few entries at the end. Here's Santa, who is the last entry and who welcomes in the Christmas holidays.
The man who took this picture was standing in the street. We were glad he didn't get hit by a car.
At the end of our visit to the museum, there was a tree that was decorated with dinosaur origami. I had to take a picture of it. I didn't take many other pictures inside the museum, but we saw a most interesting exhibit on the human brain. It was quite fascinating. Also, there was a gigantic room containing ocean life and movies of fowls in the ocean. It's one of those museums you need to go back to see again and again because there is so much to see. Needless to say, we were exhausted by the end of the day.
5 comments:
I love that picture of you and Dad in front of the waterfall. If you have time will you e-mail that to me.
I love all the pictures and all the updates.
Thanks for your concern.
Great post, Mom!
I am also so thankful for our Heavenly Father's watchful eye over the whole Wood Family and thankful to all of the friends and family who have helped them out through this ordeal!
That was fun to read about all the different missionaries and was glad to see that your Thanksgiving turkey was a success! I'm with Jen on the first photo in front of the waterfall. That would be a great photo for a Christmas card.....
Belated happy birthday, Evelyn! Lovely post. You both look great. So glad Jenny and Lyla are doing well.
Great pictures! I'm glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving, and the day after sounded fun too! We may have to try that Shake Shack out while we're in town.... :)
Great post, Evie. I agree with the others - love the picture of you and Dick in front of the waterfall. Sounds like you had a very nice Thanksgiving and what great opportunities you continue to have to see the sites in NY City. Awesome!! Sounds like you're going to have a packed-full house the week of Christmas. Hope you have a wonderful time with the kids. We love hearing from you!
Post a Comment