While Dick was on his walk in the Cotswolds, I spent a lot of time with Jenny and her family. We went to the 4th of July Parade, which I haven't been to for over two years.
As usual, we found a spot near Uncle Jerry's old house and settled in for the parade.
Jenny had run the 5K earlier that morning, so she stayed at home and got ready for the parade. Ryan brought the kids and I. It's fun to see our relatives. Jen came a few minutes later.
Above is Braydon Santo and his finance, Glen Miller with his hands in the air, Brian Parrott and his friend, who ran the 10K earlier that day.
Here are two nice kids with their grandma--Ali and Zack
The Pleasant Grove marching band. Derrick Wood is the tall one in the middle. Derrick is a cousin to Jenny's kids.
After the parade, we all went over to the Parrott's house, (used to be Grandpa Miller's house) and enjoyed refreshments and good company. What fond memories we have of getting together after the parade.
Lyla stole the show with her cute laughing. She would talk gibberish and then just laugh and put her hand up to her mouth. We enjoyed watching this little show she put on for all of us.

Cute picture of Jenny's and Ryan's family
In the afternoon, we had a nice dinner with Larry and Geri Wood. Afterwards, the kids played water games. Derrick and McKenna Wood.
The kids also enjoyed hitting the pinata and getting lots of candy.
That night, Jenny and her kids and I went to see Stadium of Fire. What a fun show. The Beach Boys were totally entertaining and fun, and Scotty McCreery also entertained us. I think the funnest part was watching the people in the staudium move and dance, especially Milly and Zack, to the songs of the Beach Boys. The fireworks were fabulous. We had a great time.
I've always loved the 4th of July ever since I was a kid. It makes me happy to celebrate our freedom as a country. What a great way to spend the 4th.












2 comments:
Just caught up on your last several posts, Evie. Loved seeing your report of Dick's walk in England. Beautiful scenery and pictures. Makes me wish I could go back! And your 4th of July post is great. We sure love your family!
Looks like a great day with the family.
Post a Comment