Perhaps the most picturesque scenery we saw was near the Italian Alps in a beautiful lake area.
I particularly enjoyed the many colors of apartments on the mountainside. Roads were very narrow, and our bus barely made it down one side of the road.
Vegetation on the side of the road.
The first day we were in Lake Como, it was rainy. As a matter of fact, it rained all night our first night there. It was cloudy the next day, but we still went on a boat ride to Bellagio. It was beautiful.
Some of the streets in Como. We walked up and down many of these streets trying to find donuts of all things. We really didn't find any. We did find a bakery with some cookies, but no donuts. I guess we're too American.
More of the landscape and little cities.
The second day, we went on another boat ride to Isola Bella, which is an island by itself on Lake Maggiore.
Dick and I are standing near the boat dock on Isola Bella.
This is Isola Bella's 17th-century Palazzo and garden on Lake Maggiore. It is a huge manor house where people can take tours through the house and gardens. It was very beautiful.
Here are some of the gardens in the back of the manor house. Dick and Richard.
More gardens on one side of the manor house.
Gardens on the other side of the house.
Another small island we visited. I thought this was a great picture of the boating dock.
These are flowers outside our hotel at Lake Como.
This is the outside of our hotel, the Hotel Splendid.
Here is the lobby. It was a really nice hotel!
Here's a view from our hotel room. Isn't the vegetation lush.
The last night we were in Italy, we had a very nice dinner at our hotel and then took pictures and visited with those in our tour group. The above picture is of Keri Evans (our tour director), Evie, Luigi (our bus driver), and Dick.
Here are some others who went also.
All in all, the trip was a great success for Evie. Dick liked it, but he wasn't quite as enthusiastic as Evie. It was a dream that was fulfilled. What a wonderlful experience.



















5 comments:
I can't wait to go there someday. It's a dream of mine too. Glad you were able to go...love the pictures!
I am so glad you got to go and fulfill your dream. Someday I will too! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
I have continued to enjoy the posts of your Italy trip, Evie. We were in the same places in Milan as you. We also saw The Last Supper. And we thought the same thoughts about the McDonalds! And had the same weather at Lake Como that you had. Your posts have brought back so many memories for me! Robert hopes we're going back there when the temple is dedicated. That would be awesome! Hope all is well with you and that you had a Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too! We sure love you two!
Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing about your trip, and I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful time.
I've never been to Italy and would love to go. It looks beautiful in spite of the grey sky. Glad you had a great trip.
Post a Comment