I've waited for a week before posting this because I thought I would have a picture to put on my blog, but I haven't received the picture. You see, I did take my camera, but the battery was dead, so I didn't get the pictures I wanted.
Last Friday at 12:00 noon, Grandpa Dalebout, Billy, Dick and I went to the Draper Temple open house. The temple is a very beautiful temple, about mid-size. It sits up on the hill above Draper. It overlooks the whole city of Draper and even into the Salt Lake Valley. The granite on the outside came from China, and the cherry wood inside the temple is from Italy, I think. It has one of the largest sealing rooms in the Church. They do not rent clothing, and most of the evening sessions require a reservation. I think the afternoon sessions are open.
We went up in two cars. Billy drove Grandpa Dalebout's car, and Dick and I took our car because Dick and I were meeting Budd and Jenny Yates at the Jordan River Temple so that Budd could go through the temple for my brother, Bob. Budd is Bob's stepson. Because Grandpa had a handicap parking sticker, Billy and Grandpa drove right up to the temple and parked by the door. Dick and I had to go to a church about a mile away and wait in a long line to take the bus up. Because time was at a minimum, I talked to a nice young lady and asked her if we could skip the 15-minute video and just get on the bus so we could meet Grandpa and Bill and not be late for our appointment at the Jordan River Temple. She checked and was nice enough to find a brother who said he would drive us up. We arrived in the temple just as Billy and Grandpa left the video room. So, we were able to go on the tour of the temple together. We saw Gloria Barrick ? and husband and grandchildren there. Gloria said they lived about two blocks away. She looks good.
Afterwards, we all drove back to the church where we parked our car and then went to a Subway and ate lunch. Grandpa and Billy then drove home.
Dick and I went on to the Jordan River Temple, where we met up with Budd and Jenny. They are a really nice young couple and I'm glad we were able to get to know them better. We had a very nice session together. Afterwards, we went into a sealing room and Dick and I stood in proxy for my parents, and Budd for Bob. I felt a very special feeling and know that my parents are very pleased. I truly hope that Bob accepts his work being done. I think he will.
We then went out and Jenny took a picture on her cell phone. She hasn't sent it to me yet, but when she does, I will post it. We called Ruth (Bob's wife) and said we'd all like to go out to eat. So Dick and I went over and picked her up, and Budd and Jenny met us at Applebee's. We had a great visit and ate good food. I think Ruth was very pleased about Bob having his work done. She gave permission to have it done. I wish she would become active and do her work. Maybe Budd's influence will help her. But, I really don't see it happening in this life.
All in all, it was a very pleasant and rewarding day.
2 comments:
Congratulations, Evie! What a joyful experience for you. Doesn't it feel great to do work for your own immediate family? I'm happy you were able to have this opportunity.
I'm happy for you, Evie. Now, you can serve your mission!
Post a Comment