


These are pictures from our trip.
Last Wednesday, March 18th, Dick, Billy, Ryan and Spencer all headed off to Arizona to meet other male Dalebout clan members for Spring Training and to have some male bonding time.
So, Jenny said to me: "Mom, why don't you and I take my three kids and drive to San Diego to see Amy and her family." I consented even though I really don't like driving eleven to twelve hours in a day. Early Wednesday morning, Jenny and I started to drive to San Diego. Twelve hours later, we arrived in one piece, much to our relief. It was really beautiful there--around 65 to 70 degrees for most of the time we were there. Zack wasn't feeling too well and had a fever for a couple of days, but that didn't stop us from having some fun.
All the girls and Zack went to Knott's Berry Farm on Thursday. I haven't been there since my kids were young. It has changed a great deal--a lot more thrill rides (several roller coaster-type rides). The Ghost Town I remember seemed smaller and kind of quiet. It was a great day to go to Knott's Berry Farm, because there weren't a lot of people there and we could get on rides pretty fast. So, it was fun. Poor Zack. We ran his little legs off and he wasn't feeling well. but, he was a really good sport.
The next day was a slower day. We attended Ashlynn's choir performance and watched her do her air guitar solo. The choir was really good and we loved watching Ashlynn's enthusiastic performance. We had to stay for two performances so we could see her do it again. It was fun.
That night, Scott, Amy, Jenny and I went to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic." It was pretty funny. Scott was really a good sport to go with three women to a chick flick. Ashlynn and Ali tended the little kids. They were so cute with them and played games with them. Then, they gave each one a report card telling how well they behaved and how well they went to bed. I'm happy to say that Milly got a 9.5 on her report card, the highest score. She was a real trooper.
On Saturday we went out to the beach and rode bicycles along the beach path. There were a lot of people walking up and down the path and it made for some interesting bicycling (nine bikes). But, we had a good time. After the bike ride, everyone wanted to go out to the beach and play. It was FREEZING! But, all those little kids got in their swimming suits and ran out in the cold water. Burrr! Then, they played in the sand for a while. I didn't even get in the water and I had to have a blanket wrapped around my shoulders, along with my jacket. We then went to eat at the Soup Plantation and finally got warm. It was a fun day.
The drive back home to Utah was a "white knuckle drive" through the Beaver area, as it was quite a blizzard and I was driving. Everyone knows how much I dislike driving the freeway, and especially in the snow. But, despite it all, we made it home in eleven hours. We had a great visit and the kids were really good and had a great time together! Amy, Jenny, and I had some fun time together also.
The "Good News" is that our mission papers are finally turned in. We had our interview with the stake president on Tuesday night and he submitted them that night. But, because of April Conference, we probably won't get our call until mid-April. Again, we'll just have to be patient.
5 comments:
Great to hear a report on the San Diego trip. Sounds like it was a fun time! We're glad your mission papers are in, and can't wait to hear the news!!
Sounds like a fun trip!
Let us know about that mission call -- we talk about it all the time, and can't wait for the announcement!
Great descriptions of our trip...don't you have any other pictures?
Glad to know that you didn't harm the Stake President and that the papers are on their way. We'll wait patiently for the news.
Wow, Evie...what great news. The San Diego trip looks like it was lots of fun and the mission papers in...Dick told me one of the possibilities. I'm praying for you :-)!!
I love the pictures. We'll have to share.
Thanks for coming with us! I couldn't have done it without you.
Post a Comment