Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to one great man. Grandpa Dalebout turned 91 years old today. And we had a very low-key celebration for him. Our big celebration will be tomorrow with Jenny's and Ryan's family, but for today, Dick, Bill, Val Jones and Rick Soulier came for dinner. Bill came down from Logan and attended church with Dad. Here is a picture of the "three bald" gentlemen. I think they're pretty nice guys. Dick, Dad and Bill.


Dad is one of those people who has truly been a constant in our lives. Whenever I call him and ask him how he is, he always tells me: "I'm beautiful." And, he is a "beautiful" person. He has many wonderful qualities, some of which are a very strong testimony of the gospel, a great love for his family, a love for his friends and ward members, and a deep love for family history work. I remember many a time that I went with him to the Family History Center in Salt Lake and did research. He would do his Dutch line, and I would do my Danish line. It was fun to travel with him on the bus and spend time visiting with him. He'd always buy me a sandwich at ZCMI at noon. I will cherish those times with him and all the other memories we have of him.

Here is his new sport coat and slacks that he got for Christmas. Doesn't he look dapper! Wow, I told him he better watch out for the ladies.


He still looks handsome, eh?


Thanks, Dad, for everything you've done for us and our family over the years. We love you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We sure love Grandpa D!

Chris Packard said...

Happy Birthday, Grandpa D. A little late, but no less sincere. A very handsome - and kind - 91-year-old gentleman. Lucky to have such a great family. Great post, Evie!