When you get to be my age, cleaning the house is not one of my favorite things. So, I have asked one of my Laurels if she would help me clean on some Saturdays. You know, it really makes me happy when I only have to do half of the work and someone else helps me. Her name is Valya, and I love that young woman. She's fun, but she lets me know when there are things in my cupboards that should have been thrown away a LONG time ago. She helped me clean and organize some of my cupboards in December. That was great!
We have a spiritual study group in our ward in which we have been studying the Ensign articles. A couple of days ago we discussed some of our favorite October conference talks. These ladies are the "cream of the crop" when it comes to spirituality, and I love studying together with them. L-R: Paulette Jerome, Grace Marie Dennis, me, Grace Bramall, Alice Spencer. We learn a lot from each other.
CURVES makes me happy. Every morning at 7:00 a.m., about five of the ladies in our ward go to Curves together. It is a great place to be. It wakes us up and gives us some excercise to start our day.

Here is my friend, Marilyn Barry, working out at Curves. Her husband has been called as a mission president and she will accompany him. They will be great. Maybe she can find a Curves wherever they will serve.

Here are the machines that we work out on. The workout is 30 minutes. We are on a machine for 30 seconds, then go to a square, (where we do aerobic exercise), and then back on a machine until we have been totally around the circuit, plus six more machines and squares.

After our workout is completed, we go to the stretching machine. Here, we spend about five to seven minutes stretching our bodies. There aren't really this many ladies on the stretching machine at a time. There are usually about four to five. I just had them pose. The gal in the front with the purple shirt on is our drill sergeant, Elita. She is really a great trainer. She keeps us working hard and shows us all kinds of aerobic excercises. We workout, laugh, talk and generally have a good time together. I recommend it to anyone. To the right of me are Gaylin Hodges, Grace Marie Dennis and Marilyn Barry. We also have a couple of other gals who go with us, but they weren't there for this picture.

5 comments:
Great post, Evie! I really, really want to get to the day when exercising - in any form - makes me happy. Haven't gotten there yet, though I do enjoy a good walk on a sunny day. The winter picture is gorgeous...I love enjoying winter at a distance :-)! And the blessing of good friends is one of life's most meaningful, I think. Thanks for sharing.
I love that you made all the ladies pose at curves. Great pictures mom!
Great to hear from you Evie. Cute pictures! I say, if you're gonna have snow, you need that blue sky backdrop as well. (Unfortunately we get it less often than you do, but when we get it, life is so much better!)
I totally agree that snow is best seen in a picture. I do wish I lived near you, Evie, and could join your exercise group. I like to walk but motivating myself to get out there is the hard part.
This was fun to read, Evie. And, I love the pictures at curves -- your friends are good sports, and look like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment