Today, December 14, 2008, Grandpa Miller passed on. I am so happy for him and for the joy that he is feeling. He is meeting his father, (whom he has never known in this life), his mother, his wife, sisters, my parents, and many more who have gone on. As our choir sang today, Gloria, Gloria in excelsis Deo, I thought about how Grandpa is feeling and that he is probably pretty happy to have left this world and is even singing Gloria, Gloria.
For the past four days, he has been very agitated and saying that he wanted to die. He said he couldn't figure out why the Savior didn't want him. That made me sad, because I know the fine person he is and know that the Savior did want him. Perhaps, Grandpa had to go through some difficult times for some unknown reason. And, perhaps we had to go through those times with him and see how miserable he was so that we could let him go home. My prayer was that the desire of his heart would be met, and that if it was okay for him to pass on, then let it be. At about 1:00 a.m. this morning, Glen called and said that our prayers had been answered. So, I know others were also praying for the same.
It still doesn't make it easy for us, because we all loved him so. He was truly my hero. He made me feel like I was his very own daughter up to the end. I will cherish the special relationship we had together, the good times we shared and the sad times we shared. He was always a constant in my life, and I knew that when he said something, I should listen and do as he said. I often said that he had a direct lifeline to heaven and that I always tried to listen to the things he told me to do or advised me to do. I truly think Heavenly Father and Jesus loved this special man.
May his memory live in our lives forever, and when I meet him someday, I hope he will be happy with the things that I have done in my life. I love that man.
2 comments:
I love him too Mom! He's a great man and one of my heros as well.
I'm happy he's free of pain and with those he loves.
Me too. And Sam. And the list goes on.
Every once in a while someone comes a long in life that truly makes a difference. Grandpa made the difference for so many. I will miss Grandpa.
Post a Comment