The past two weeks have been wonderful. Even though we had Grandpa Miller's funeral, that is what brought our entire family together during this season of the year, the time when we think of our Savior, his birth, his life, his atonement, his death and resurrection. Even though we have been very busy, I have thought a lot about the beauty of the plan of salvation and the fact that we can be together eternally with each other and with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ if we keep the commandments. For that, I am very grateful. I have thought about the great reunion Grandpa Miller has been having on the other side as we have had a great reunion here on earth. What a blessing FAMILY is.
Despite the snowy weather, everyone made it safe and sound and all were able to attend the funeral.
Despite the snowy weather, everyone made it safe and sound and all were able to attend the funeral.
We then had a 90th birthday party open house for Grandpa Dalebout at his ward. Many of his relatives and friends came to wish him happy birthday. I think he was very pleased with the party and seeing how many people love him and remember him. Happy Birthday, Grandpa D. We love you.
One of my favorites of the week was our Christmas Eve party. We had a yummy dinner and then Santa visited us. Each of the grandchildren sat on his lap and told him what they wanted for Christmas. Each family entertained us and the evening was topped off with our annual nativity production, headed by Abish Lai.
1 comment:
What great news!! Evie is blogging! I love your blog, Evie. And I appreciate it! It's great to be able to see pictures of your Christmas celebration. Thanks for sharing - it made my New Year's afternoon!! It sounds like you have had a wonderful, fulfilling, busy, hectic, happy two weeks of family events. Boundaried by Grandpa Miller and Grandpa D. with Christmas in the middle. Looks like it was wonderful - I love the videos and pictures. Fun for everyone! I'm so glad you were all able to have this time together. What great memories. Happy New Year to the Dalebouts!
Post a Comment