


It finally happened. This past Saturday, May 16th, 2009, our Stake Relief Society Presidency was released. Our presidency has been together for four and a half years. I was a counselor to another president for one year before that. That makes a grand total of five and a half years for me. I have loved working with three really wonderful sisters in the Gospel, sisters who truly know the meaning of charity and unity: Lynda Bingham, Jan Brimhall and Rose Robison. They were such wonderful people to get along with and I truly learned much from them. I will miss the association we had.
The past year has been an up and down year for us in our presidency. We were told several times we were going to be released and then it didn't happen. That went on for about a year.
When we were released, our Stake President told us that he had wanted to release us, but the Lord didn't want us to be released at that time. He said he didn't know exactly why we were supposed to stay and asked us what we had learned during the past year. We told him we had learned patience, forgiveness, love between each other. Every one of us has had a few trials during the year, and we had to deal with some difficult situations. In our presidency, two of us had parents die, one is scheduled for cancer surgery, and another had to go to work full time and go through some surgery with her husband. All in all it has been a good run. We have learned to love the sisters in the stake and have learned much from each other and our good Stake President. Our release was sweet. President Warner promised each of us blessings and expressed his love and gratitude for us.
I have also been released from being president of BYU Women this past year. It has been a good year for BYU Women, and I really enjoyed getting acquainted with many wonderful women who have been in that organization for decades. I felt inferior to them because they were so seasoned and had been there so long. However, they were very kind and supportive to me. It was an enjoyable experience. I served with Marilyn Alexander and Betty Lewis.
My service at the MTC is finished. Because I am at the MTC three days a week being tutored in French, I felt like I needed to be released from that calling as a volunteer. I have been there for about three years and have enjoyed working with the missionaries as an investigator. Now, I will move on and be a missionary myself.
Speaking of French. We're eating, sleeping and dreaming French. We also speak a little. It's slow, but we're starting to make sense out of a few things. We have a great tutor at the MTC who is very patient with us. Pray for us that we will get a good grasp on the language, sil vous plait. Merci.
6 comments:
Oops, I made an error in the title. It's almost 1:30 a.m., and I guess I'm getting a little tired. It's supposed to read: "The End of an Era."
So many changes for you and Dick in such a short time span. It is exciting for us to watch, and we're so grateful for the good examples you are to us all.
Bonne Chance! Nous somme de prier pour vous.
Thanks for the post. You're really going through some transitions, aren't you?
Lots of changes and many new adventures ahead! It's going to be a great ride!
Mom...why were you awake typing a blog entry at 1:30 am? We are going to have to work on that!!!
Well, you have certainly had lots of good times and maybe a few not so good times over these past five years...just remember all the lessons that were learned along the way....especially the patience part. I have a feeling you will need that in the near future:)
Looking forward to more updates.
Love you
Thank you for doing this blog. it's wonderful to read about those that are beyond special in my life! You are much loved! I thought Dick looked wonderful today, and Evie, you are ALSO in my prayers! Much love, Maria
Post a Comment