Several people from the ward came to visit but he was really not up to visitors. He would just wave his hand and say: "Thanks for coming." Today was really not a good time for visitors. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day for him. We took him on a couple of walks around the nurses' station, and that seems to help him a little. I think the anesthesia will be in his body for a while and that causes a lot of his sleepiness and nausea.
Amy has been here with us since Friday night, and she has been a great help. We have spent lots of time in the hospital and had some good chats. Ryan and Billy gave Dick a blessing this afternoon and that was very nice. Jenny and Billy stayed up at the hospital while the rest of us came home to eat. People have brought in bread and a meal and notes of love.
Amy and I went to our ward for church this morning, and the theme of the meeting was on President Eyring's November 2008 Conference talk on "Adversity." The talks were very pertinent to many of us in our ward, as there have been an unprecedented amount of illness in our ward in the last six months: breast cancer, thyroid cancer, broken back, a brain tumor, three deaths, etc. After the speakers had spoken, the bishop stood up and asked us to specifically pray and fast for those in our ward who are struggling physically and mentally. Many people are having difficult problems right now. But, we have faith in our Savior and know that he will stand beside us through the hard times. He knows all about them. Many people came up to us after church and expressed their love and concern. It's wonderful to know that so many people are praying for us and are willing to help out. We have felt the power of prayer during this time. Thank you.
7 comments:
It's good to see Dick up on his feet and walking around. I can imagine that the swelling - and probably the pain are pretty bad this first day post-surgery. Robert and I fasted for Dick today and prayed that his healing will be as fast as it can be and that he will emerge from this surgery with no lasting ill effects. Mortality certainly has a way of refining us, doesn't it? Our prayers are with you both, Evie. Thanks for the updates. We are watching for them. We love you both.
I'm sorry it has been such a hard day. I meant to call but got busy with family. I will call tomorrow. I'm glad Dick didn't feel pressured to visit with company if he wasn't feeling well. I hope it gets better soon. Thanks for the post. Hang in there everyone.
Hi Dick and Evie,
Yeah, Dick does look a little more like Bill or visa versa. I hope you snap out of this real soon. Hospitals can be a drag. Bill seemed really possitive about your recovery.
We are praying for a you. Bingo Bango Bongo we can wait to see the Congo.
Evie let me know if there is anything I can do.
Love, Dedee
Evie,
Dick and you continue in thoughts and prayers from here several times a day. (Left a voice message on your answering machine a couple of days ago regarding Kansas-Presbyterian prayers charging out from Kansas to Provo, and hope that might have provided a brief chuckle.) Very best to you, Billy, Amy and the rest of the family in your support of Dick -- there are lots of folks pulling for him -- and there are lots of folks pulling for you. Bob K.
Hello,
Sorry to hear all the news. Not what you would expect while preparing for a mission. I am a good friend of Amy and Scott, Mary Bishop. I've met you on several occasions in Kansas before we moved back to Utah last fall. We will keep you in our prayers. You have a remarkable attitude which will help you endure well this trial. I'm sure many uncounted blessings will come and you will see the hand of the Lord in each day. May the strength of the Lord be with you each moment.
Dear Favorite uncle,
You are looking good! I just wanted you to know my little family is thinking about you and praying for you too. I hope the recovery is speedy. We love you.
Your favorite neice,
Amanda
It's good to see Dick walking around. Tell him the "dress" is very becoming!! Give him our love. We are thinking of you.
Post a Comment