



This year was the first year that we have been in town for Memorial Day for several years. We usually take a trip during this period of time. However, we were in town this year, and we took the family and visited the graves of some of our loved ones. I really love to go to the cemetery on Memorial Day because there are so many beautiful flowers, and it's really a nice time to think about and remember those who have played such a vital part in our lives.As we visited the graves, I thought about each one of those special people. Grandpa Miller is my hero and was there to listen to me and help me through many difficult situations. Every time I would call him on the phone and say "How are you?", he would say, "I'm just fine; everything's fine." He was always cheerful and made me feel like he loved me very much. I felt like I was his real daughter. Grandma Miller taught me many things. She was a hard worker and taught me how to work. She loved to tell stories, especially at Christmastime. And, sometimes she would cry when she told them. She was a good listener but she also loved to talk and tell about things in minute detail. I know she loved me. Millers were great parents to me and I love them very much. When we drove up to the cemetery to go to the Millers' grave, Roy and Maralee and their family also drove up. So, we visited together.
Grandma Dalebout was a special lady. She was Dad's mother, and he loved her very much. She was the right mother for him because she didn't crowd him but gave him his space. She loved her grandchildren and was happiest when they were around her. She taught me how to bottle fruit an easier way than I learned at home. I always used that way. I loved her. She was a good mother-in-law.
We also decorated LuAnn's grave, Glen's first wife. She was my good friend when I was growing up, and it hurt my heart so much when she was sick for a long time--thirteen years. Glen took good care of her and treated her so kindly.
These are people who have had great influence on me, and I thank them for blessing my life.
1 comment:
It was a special day--we enjoyed it too!
Post a Comment