Monday, August 10, 2009

San Diego -- A Beautiful Place to Visit

Dick, his dad and brother decided to take a road trip to southern Utah and into New Mexico for about six days. Billy took a trip to Oregon. Jenny and Ryan and kids took a trip to St. George to see some plays at Tuachan. So, I decided that I would take my own trip to San Diego. The fares were resonability cheap, so I went. The weather was absolutely beautiful the entire time I was there. We were kept busy going to all kinds of children's acitivities and to fun places we wanted to go. Except for a few days of being a little sick, we had a good time. Here are some pictures of the trip.


Palm trees at the airport in San Diego.

We went to Elle's soccer practice and watched her play.



We also went to Ashlynn's soccer practice and watched her.
Sam, Amy, Elle and Ashlynn after Ashlynn's soccer practice.


We enjoyed a night at Sam's pack meeting. He carried the flag during
the flag ceremony.

The boys made S'mores out in the church parking lot.




Sam's hair on "Crazy Hair Day" at soccer camp.
Amy did a great job.


Sam's teammates and their cray hair also.





Elle at swimming lessons.



Elle and Bella (her friend) at the beach.
Sam and Ashlynn trying to boogie board.


Me (Grandma) with the kids at the beach.



The Plunge at Belmont Park


Ice cream on the beach at Belmont Park




Amy and I





San Diego Temple. It's really quite a beautiful site whether in the day or in the night.



Sam's tournament game.



Amy and Scott after a hard day's work.


I had a great trip and then traveled home. I had a three-hour layover in the Phoenix Airport and was able to meet up with Chris Packard, Stacie's mom. We really had a nice visit for an hour and a half. Chris took time off work to come and see me. I really appreciated that. It surely made the time pass quickly. All in all, it was a very nice trip. Thanks, Amy and family for putting up with me for a week.
















4 comments:

Ruth said...

What fun all to go off in different directions. I hope everyone else had a great time too. You will have a lot to talk about when you all meet up again at home. Glad that things are getting back to "normal".

Chris said...

I was so happy for the opportunity to visit with you, Evie. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for letting me know you were going to be in town! Glad you made it home safe and sound and hope you're feeling better after the bout you had. Looks like it didn't interfere too much with a fun week. Thanks for the post.

Amy said...

We miss you!!!

Thanks for coming to visit and we hope you come again soon.

Great pictures.

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun visit.