Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Staples Out


Yesterday, we went to the doctor's office, and the physician's assistant took out Dick's staples. I watched him take out one staple and that was all I could watch. Dick said, for the most part, it didn't hurt, but that there were some that felt like he was getting a shot. The physician's assistant was a little concerned about the front of the scar because it was red and a little swollen. He told us to come back on Thursday to make sure there was no infection.

Tomorrow we go to Salt Lake to see the doctor who will do the cyber knife radiation on Dick in July. He will make an evaluation of the situation and then make an appointment for Dick to have the radiation. We will learn more about how long it will take, etc.

Yesterday and today were pretty good days for Dick. Both days, he walked around the perimeter of the ward, which is probably half a mile or more. Our friends and next door neighbors for the past 35 years (the Dennis') invited us to their house for dinner. They have a nice sun room where we enjoyed a nice meal and great company. Sorry I don't have a picture of that.

After we returned home, Dick and I watched a movie entitled "Foyle"s War," which is a series of British movies that takes place during World War II. We have seen three in in this series and enjoy watching it together.

Brian Parrott (Michelle's son) came over to go home teaching with Billy, and our neighbor, Todd Cuell, came over to give us an estimate on putting shelves in our storage room, so I took a picture of them with Dick.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Glad the staples are out and you're on to the next part of the journey. Hopefully the radiation won't be extremely taxing. I'm so impressed at how well Dick is doing and the fact that he's getting out so much and so far. Great progress!

Unknown said...

Well doesn't the name, "cyber knife radiation," make you think that your new treatment is going to be so much fun...

Stacie said...

Thanks for the report! The battle-wound looks much better, but it is still a battle-wound for sure! Glad things are getting better each day.